As we continue to monitor both the state and federal responses to addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19), Pennswood Village has implemented heightened precautionary measures to protect and ensure the health and wellness of our residents and employees. Our priority remains in keeping our community safe and well-informed while vigilantly minimizing the potential introduction and spread of the coronavirus. As this situation further develops, we will continue to provide updated communication on this website.
Pennswood Village COVID-19 Resident and Public Communications are located in the tabs below.
Effective Until Further Notice:
- All visitors are required to present a completed COVID-19 Questionnaire Form prior to entering the Pennswood Village campus.
Click, Download, Print and Complete Form using link below:
- We are closed to all visitors in the following areas: Personal Care- Barclay, and Skilled Care-Woolman.
- The Community Building is open only for residents, staff and authorized contractors.
- Family members may drop off items at the Meadow Entrance.
For questions, please call our main number at 215-968-9110.
*Posted 4/3/2020 (updated 4/10/20 & 7/1/20)
GUIDELINES FOR MASKS
*As of 7/1/20: It is mandatory to wear a mask in all settings per the Governor of PA.
Pennswood has an adequate amount of masks. To be good stewards of our supply we would like share the following guidelines.
- All masks are to be worn upon entering the building and removed on leaving the building. They are not to be worn at other places, only at Pennswood. All masks should be stored in paper bags, not plastic bags.
- Disposable Masks – Color does not matter. Disposable masks are to be worn for 72 working hours (3 days). Full time workers should put name and date on them when first received. Part time workers should put the name and date of each day worn to help remember how many days it has been worn. To get a new mask after 72 hours (3 days) of use please bring your old one with you. In clinical settings it may be necessary to change out masks more often. Use your department’s guidelines in the clinical setting always. Wear these masks only at Pennswood and store them in a paper bag when not in use.
- Fabric Masks – Staff not providing direct care can wear the fabric masks made by residents. The resident “Masketeers” are still working on getting masks to us. Fabric masks should be laundered at home. We will distribute them to departments as they come in.
- Disposable Masks should be changed every so often.
• Cloth Masks should be washed with your laundry or by hand with hot water and detergent then dried.
• Remember to wear your mask over mouth and nose.
• Wear a mask anytime you are outside your apartment or have a visitor.
For the latest COVID PA travel updates listing State “hotspots,” visit the PA Department of Health website or CLICK HERE.
If you have traveled, or plan to travel, to an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, it is recommended that you stay at home for 10 days upon return to Pennsylvania. If you travel to the following states, it is recommended that you isolate for 10 days upon return. CLICK HERE for travel updates.