Pennswood Village COVID-19 Resident and Public Communications are located in the tabs below.
As we continue to monitor both the state and federal responses to addressing the coronavirus (COVID-19), Pennswood Village has implemented heightened precautionary measures to protect and ensure the health and wellness of our residents and employees. Our priority remains in keeping our community safe and well-informed while vigilantly minimizing the potential introduction and spread of the coronavirus. As this situation further develops, we will continue to provide updated communication on this website.
ARCHIVED UPDATES: MARCH – JUNE 2020
*as of 7/6/20
– Beginning Monday, July 6, visitors may come to independent living apartments. Please use the following guidelines:
• As we start opening to visitors again, please limit visitors to two or three at a time, not entire large families. Young adult grandchildren are especially risky visitors because data tells us many have not been social distancing.
• Visitors must arrive with masks. They will be turned away if they arrive without a mask.
• Screening questions will be asked and temperatures taken at the Meadow Entrance after which visitors may proceed directly to the apartment.
• Visitors should not come to campus if they have been to any of the current State “hotspots” within the last 14 days which are now. To view the latest “hotspots,” visit the PA Department of Health website or CLICK HERE.
• Visitors may not enter the Community Building.
- Visitors should go directly from their car to the apartment they are visiting. They should not enter the Community Building or visit in any common spaces.
• Everyone should wear a mask while visiting in the apartment and take the mask down only to drink/eat.
For questions, please call our main number at 215-968-9110.
*Posted 4/3/2020 (updated 4/10/20 & 7/1/20)
GUIDELINES FOR MASKS
CLICK HERE to view & download instructions for CLOTH FACE COVERING USAGE
*As of 7/1/20: It is mandatory to wear a mask in all settings per the Governor of PA.
Pennswood has an adequate amount of masks. To be good stewards of our supply we would like share the following guidelines.
- All masks are to be worn upon entering the building and removed on leaving the building. They are not to be worn at other places, only at Pennswood. All masks should be stored in paper bags, not plastic bags.
- Disposable Masks – Color does not matter. Disposable masks are to be worn for 72 working hours (3 days). Full time workers should put name and date on them when first received. Part time workers should put the name and date of each day worn to help remember how many days it has been worn. To get a new mask after 72 hours (3 days) of use please bring your old one with you. In clinical settings it may be necessary to change out masks more often. Use your department’s guidelines in the clinical setting always. Wear these masks only at Pennswood and store them in a paper bag when not in use.
- Fabric Masks – Staff not providing direct care can wear the fabric masks made by residents. The resident “Masketeers” are still working on getting masks to us. Fabric masks should be laundered at home. We will distribute them to departments as they come in.
- Disposable Masks should be changed every so often.
• Cloth Masks should be washed with your laundry or by hand with hot water and detergent then dried.
• Remember to wear your mask over mouth and nose.
- Visitors must come to the campus with a mask or they will not be admitted.
- Wear a mask anytime you are outside your apartment or have a visitor.
For the latest COVID PA travel updates listing State “hotspots,” visit the PA Department of Health website or CLICK HERE.
If you have traveled, or plan to travel, to an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, it is recommended that you stay at home for 14 days upon return to Pennsylvania. If you travel to the following states, it is recommended that you quarantine for 14 days upon return. CLICK HERE for travel updates.
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL (CDC)
WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO)