Pennswood Deploys On-Site COVID-19 Vaccinations
March 1, 2021- Pennswood Village has completed the distribution of COVID-19 vaccinations to its residents and staff by providing an on-site vaccine clinic. Upon receiving the vaccinations, many Pennswood residents expressed a sense of relief, and nearly 100% of all residents are now completely vaccinated against the coronavirus.
Given the difficulty that the general public has faced in receiving COVID-19 vaccinations, due to limited distribution in this area and throughout the nation, this is a significant achievement in ensuring the health, safety and well-being of our entire community.
We are sincerely grateful for everyone who participated in the planning, coordination and administering of the vaccine. While we strive to restore normalcy in our lives and throughout our community, we recognize the need to remain vigilant in continuing our precautionary measures of mask wearing, proper hygiene and screenings to reduce the risk and spread of the virus. For more information about Pennswood Village’s COVID-19 protocol and procedures, please refer to the visitor and resident COVID-19 guidelines outlined in the tabs below.
Pennswood Village is proud of our 40+ year tradition of caring and compassion for our residents. Together, as One Pennswood, we will beat this pandemic!
Effective Until Further Notice:
- All visitors are required to present a completed COVID-19 Questionnaire Form prior to entering the Pennswood Village campus.
Click, Download, Print and Complete Form using link below:
- Independent Living Only (Effective 3/22/21)
- Our Pennswood Campus is open for visiting starting at 9:00am till 10:00pm – Independent Living Only.
- Number of visitors is limited to five (5) visitors at any one time in an Independent Apartment.
• Independent Living visitors cannot be in any common areas during their visit, except coming to and from the resident’s apartment.
• Independent Living visitors are not permitted to join a resident for a meal in the Café.
• Independent Living visitors may not use the gym, pool or any other recreational activities at this time.
- Woolman House Only – *Effective 4/19/21: VISITATION TO WOOLMAN IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
- Barclay House Only – *Effective 4/19/21:
- Visitation with a Barclay resident will no longer require an advance appointment and visitors will be able to visit with their loved one in the residents room. Additional guidelines include:
- Visiting hours will be 10 am – 7 pm daily, including weekends. Please be mindful of meal times (12 – 1 pm and 5 – 6 pm) when you are visiting.
- Residents will be limited to 2 visitors at a time. One small child under the age of 5 may also visit and will not be included in this count.
- Visitors must present the COVID-19 Questionnaire Form from the Pennswood website at the Meadow Entrance and have their temperature checked for each visit.
- To enter Barclay, Visitors should go to the Main Entrance of Pennswood where Front Desk staff will direct them down the hallway to Barclay. Please DO NOT enter at the Barclay Patio entrance.
- Upon arrival at Barclay, all visitors must stop at the Nursing Desk and sign in on the visitor log. Visitors must sign out upon leaving.
- Visits will occur in the resident’s room. Visitors should not go anywhere else in the community or interact with other residents.
- All visitors and residents must wear a face mask for the entire visit.
- No food or drink is permitted during the visit.
For questions, please call our main number at 215-968-9110.
For the latest COVID PA travel updates listing State “hotspots,” visit the PA Department of Health website or CLICK HERE.
If you have traveled, or plan to travel, to an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, it is recommended that you stay at home for 10 days upon return to Pennsylvania. If you travel to the following states, it is recommended that you isolate for 10 days upon return. CLICK HERE for travel updates.